Real Wood Smoking Medallions

Feel free to place links here to other BBQ-related sites. No links to other forums or commercial sites without prior permission from an admin.

Moderators: British BBQ Society, Steve

Real Wood Smoking Medallions

Postby Medallion » 10 Mar 2014, 08:09

Hello, I just joined the forum. I'm an American video producer who lives in England. I recently returned from the US where I made a few videos for a friend who is in the logging industry in Montana. (I originally met him when I produced a documentary for his helicopter logging company). What's interesting to report here (and I really don't want to violate the forum rules here--I am not selling this product!) is that, being a good steward of the forests, for years he searched for ways to dispose of all the left-over, unsellable wood and chips in his yard. It eventually lead to the creation of a barbecue smoking wood through an extrusion process. It's similar to high pressure compaction, but without the use of glues or other binders. Due to the high heat and pressure involved, the resin in the wood itself becomes the glue that holds the log together. Even more interesting, in that process a number of the highly volatile chemicals in the wood are burned off (the stuff that bothers your eyes with normal wood smoke). At first they were going to simply create wood logs for campers, but when they realised how much smoke the logs put out before they reached the flash point and caught fire, they realised they might have a good smoking product for meats, fish and vegetables. In short, they created a product called Smoking Medallions which they are just now launching in the US. During the filming we had a barbecue at a large estate using a professional chef who made smoked chicken, beef, fish and vegetables. The first time I tried the chicken I remember that even before it reached my lips I was struck by the unbelievable flavour that seemed to leap ahead of the fork. It was truly awesome. So hopefully I can add a link to one of the three videos I did here for your information. This is not an attempt to sell the product here as they are a small US company not prepared for export at this time. But that could change in the future....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNVgY9jwmxU
Medallion
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Real Wood Smoking Medallions

Postby ConorD » 03 Apr 2014, 18:25

Thanks for sharing dude, always like to see new stuff on here.
ConorD
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Return to Links