Imperial Kamado with Wagon

Do you have a BBQ item that you don't need and want to sell? Or are you desperately looking for something that you can't find. Post your sales and wanted notices here.

Imperial Kamado with Wagon

Postby Mickruff » 22 Jun 2016, 17:03

Hello,

I'm selling my original Imperial Kamado with wagon. A picture collage is attached below. I have many other detailed pictures available, if anyone would like them. A detailed description is below the picture collage.

Due to its size, the sale will be on a collection only basis. I hope you understand, but I do welcome any interested members who would like to come and fully inspect the Kamado. My Postcode is RG29. If you have any questions, please ask. Many thanks for looking.

Micky

The Imperial Kamado is for sale at £250

The Imperial is the original and best earthenware barbecue, made at the Kinuura Yakii pottery in Japan. It is the biggest one they make and was first manufactured in about 1970. It is extremely efficient - the Ferrari of barbecues - and it started the whole ceramic egg phenomena.

There are similar egg-style barbecues available, such as the Big Green Egg and the Kamado Joe, but these are USA versions, which were patented in the USA some time after the Kinuura Yakii pottery began manufacturing the original. The USA versions are made of ceramic or refractory materials, or even Portland cement! The Imperial Kamado is pure earthenware - pure Japanese pottery.

This Imperial Kamado has been used just three times from new, since being imported. All the earthenware parts to the main body are still as good as new and there are no chips or cracks.

All external metal parts have been treated and painted in their original black metal paint. These include the Imperial Kamado’s wagon and the hinges for the lid. The 18” round stainless steel grill does have some minor rust.

The original colour is Sunset Red. However, the colour on the front has weathered and darkened over time. The original colour is still fine on the rear (please see picture collage).

The main body is 30” high with a 22” diameter. It weighs 140 lbs. It sits in a metal-framed wagon, which has four wheels on castors, all in perfect condition. There are also three shoes, which can be used instead of the metal wagon. It is made up of the following earthenware parts (please see diagram attached in the picture collage):

External - base, lid, damper top, wagon, shoes, poker, grill handle
Internal - fire-box, grate, ring

The sale also includes the following un-used spare parts: spare ring, spare grate
Mickruff
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Imperial Kamado with Wagon

Postby Mickruff » 25 Jun 2016, 10:15

Imperial Kamado NOW SOLD. Many thanks for looking.
Mickruff
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Return to Member Sales/Wanted