weber bought. pork loin to smoke

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

weber bought. pork loin to smoke

Postby mart321 » 27 Apr 2012, 05:24

Hi all. I just bought a one touch premium and have been reading through the forums trying to get an idea of how to do some good smoking. pork loin was also half price at tesco so i got a piece about 2.5 kilo. I have a large bag of lumpwood to use. i read somewhere this is better than briquettes? i was planning on marinating said pork in some sort of sugary cider concoction for a day then applying a dry rub which i have no idea about yet. gonna use millard method and have coal one side with foil across grate on the other side. how long approx should i be smoking it. i have a cheap meat thermo i got for £2 a long time ago wil this be accurate for checking the meat. also what should i be doing with the air openings. I just dont want to end u.p with dry creosote flavoured tough meat. oh a have some jack daniels wood smoking chips. should i be pre soaking these and do they go right at the bottom of the unlit coal. and how much shall i use. is it bad to keeo adding them after.

thank you in advance any help much appreciated.
mart321
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice