Second go at brisket

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Re: Second go at brisket

Postby Matsuya » 23 Jul 2014, 20:13

Interestingly the (Jamie Purviance) recipe calls for it to be barbecued in a tray until 160F then foiled. It came out okay - anyone try this?
Matsuya
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby stretchie_ » 25 Jul 2014, 11:11

Nope but seen some guys on Triple D smoke them in trays, and then they have the juice in the bottom. Going to try this once I am happy with doing brisket the other way
stretchie_
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby SteveK » 28 Jul 2014, 16:13

Hi all,

Sorry to butt in on this thread, but I'm new to this forum and thought it would be the best place to ask for some advice.

I've been dabbling with smoking briskets over the past few months - I pick mine up from Smithfield for £4.50-£5.50/kg, that's for a whole brisket with the flat & point. They've turned out ok, but nothing like the brisket I've had over in the States. They just don't seem to have the marbling/fat that I'm looking for - probably down to the hormone injections the cattle are given in the US.

Would anyone here be able to advise about where I might be able to pick up a USDA brisket from in the UK (at a reasonable price!) as I'd be really keen to give it a go? An indicative costing would also be great.

Any help would be much appreciated, cheers!
SteveK
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby BRUN » 29 Jul 2014, 09:41

Turner & George might have what your looking for
BRUN
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Previous

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice