Minor Modifications ProQ Frontier

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Minor Modifications ProQ Frontier

Postby PieOPah » 10 Mar 2017, 10:34

Hi,

I have recently bought a ProQ Frontier Elite and am desperate to get my first cook done.
One thing I have found is that all of the vents are extremely tight making it very difficult to move them - and probably near impossible during a cook due to the heat!

I was wondering how easy it would be to drill out the rivets and replace with nuts and bolts.
What would I need to make this work?

Thanks.
PieOPah
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Minor Modifications ProQ Frontier

Postby Grumpy Jonze » 20 Jul 2017, 09:22

HI,

I had the same problem, even ended up snapping off the little tab bit on the top vent - luckily it was in the open position so it just stays like that now. They are a bit flimsy to be honest, in contrast to the rest of the unit which is great. I used a little wd40 on the bottom vents and make sure I spin them a few times after a cook and when cleaning, and they've been ok since.

Have you made any other mods to your frontier? I've made a few (extra thermometers, raised fire basket, and the newer top handle) and gather that a lot of people tweak their pro q's.

Cheers,

Gareth.
Grumpy Jonze
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Minor Modifications ProQ Frontier

Postby PieOPah » 20 Jul 2017, 11:27

I have found that over time the vents have become nice and loose so no need to do anything with them.

I haven't made any modifications although I do want to seal it a little better as it leaks smoke (and as a result I presume heat) quite badly.
PieOPah
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice