Temperature probes

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Re: Temperature probes

Postby alanb1976 » 29 May 2018, 05:32

Thanks.
You really got me thinking there. While I prefer a stand alone unit, something like that would be way cheaper and provide all the functionality. I'd pretty much made my mind up and now I've started comparing again :lol:
alanb1976
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Jediboy » 29 May 2018, 09:40

Well good luck.
Jediboy
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Chris__M » 05 Jun 2018, 07:49

More on Inkbird range. As mentioned, it is getting from behind my garage, the length of the garden (about 1.5 standard garage lengths) and into the conservatory/back of the house with no problem. Moving further into the house risks losing the signal, and the front of the house (where my home office is) is no chance.

However, if you are like me and like an easy to check monitor, it is pretty simple to mirror your phone to your desktop; placing the phone within range, and then monitor temps on your desktop. I've got an old unused phone that I am going to set up with mirroring and simply leave plugged in in the conservatory, which means I will be able to log onto it from anywhere in the house (Inkbird to phone is by BT; phone to rest of house relay is by WiFi).

The Inkbird app has an optional alarm that triggers when you lose the signal, which is handy.
Chris__M
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby MJH73 » 07 Jun 2018, 11:06

Thermo Pro TP 12.

Both high and low temp warnings, timer mode and temperature mode. Modes can be used together. 2 probes - 1 for meat and 1 for grill temp. Works perfectly for me! :D
MJH73
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby alanb1976 » 07 Jun 2018, 12:49

Thanks for all the assistance with my decision.
I ended up ordering the tp08. While I like the idea of charts and fancy stuff, at the end of the day I'm really only interested in 2 numbers and when they reach targets. So I really don't need the rest and the standalone unit will mean I don't have to worry about phone batteries, etc. That and all the good reviews/support convinced me.
I've used it once now and the unit was great, although stuffed up the coals as I didn't realise the heat beads would be so much better than the stuff I usually get and ended up battling to get my temperature low enough to slow cook :? Lesson for next time.
alanb1976
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Tedili » 03 Jul 2018, 08:48

Thermopro is best choice if you ask me
Tedili
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Previous

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice