This Weekend's Cook

A place to discuss low 'n' slow cooking, ask questions and share advice.

This Weekend's Cook

Postby Steve » 02 May 2010, 17:36

As the May competition is fast approaching, we've been doing some last minute practice.

This weekend we did a final tweak on the seasoning for our pork and tried it out on a boneless piece of shoulder from Costco.

Image Image Image

We also bought a rolled brisket, unrolled it and cut it in half. The reason for this was to do a side by side test of two different processes without bankrupting ourselves buying two whole briskets. The mini briskets tasted great, a bit tougher than when we cook a whole one, but we've got our process locked down for the comp now :D

Image Image Image
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: This Weekend's Cook

Postby All Weather Griller » 02 May 2010, 17:45

I've been practising but on the Desert front this weekend.

I will probably have a refinement run on the chicken tomorrow.

Pics look very good though mate. Anyway, i have been thinking. Those Fatties for breakfast will need to be big this season! Let me know if you want us to bring any ingredients to part contribute.

Beerz

Adie
All Weather Griller

Re: This Weekend's Cook

Postby Steve » 04 May 2010, 09:54

So what's the dessert then?

I know what I'm doing, I just have to have one more run at it and take a look at the presentation side of it too.

When it comes to the fatties, we're going to buy a slab of belly and a boneless shoulder to grind up so we'll have about somewhere in the region of 8lbs of uncooked fatty mix at the end of it. That should be enough for a good feed :D

If you don't mind bringing a stack of bread rolls down to contribute that would be great.

Cheers

Steve
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Low 'n' Slow (Smoking)