beer-can dancin chicken, with Sweet coffee sauce mop

A place to discuss low 'n' slow cooking, ask questions and share advice.

beer-can dancin chicken, with Sweet coffee sauce mop

Postby manmeetsfire » 25 Sep 2010, 13:51

*pictures to come

went on a 6 hour journy to get my traeger yesterday and made some amazing hicory smoked steaks last night. Today im trying my new recipe for a injected beer can chicken with a thick sweet coffee soy sauce mop. Its on the traeger slow cooking now and smelling up the streets. Im really excited about this one, pictures soon.
manmeetsfire
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: beer-can dancin chicken, with Sweet coffee sauce mop

Postby MadCow » 25 Sep 2010, 16:56

Beer-can dancin chiken ??? don't tell me ... it's doing the Can Can !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
MadCow

Postby joker smoker » 26 Sep 2010, 09:09

Hi Tommy, looking forward to hearing more about your sweet coffee mop...and now you have a traeger it makes cooking throughout the English winter a hell of a lot more bearable...welcome..
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby manmeetsfire » 27 Sep 2010, 12:07

hey guys, chicken came out amazing, the 6 hour drive to go get the treager was well worth it. Jackie at American BBQ was awesome. Im trying to get an easy way to add the pics and they will be on. Ive had a busy weekend and we are showing our house today and been trying to get this new house. And yes having this traeger is going to be much better for the english weather. I have been on it for 2 meals a day for the last 3. im trying to put on some pics but I took them with the Iphone and it seems they are to big. Ill try to get some on in a lil while.
manmeetsfire
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Steve » 27 Sep 2010, 12:43

Try signing up for a free photobucket account, you can then get an iPhone app for uploading them and Photobucket will give you the bulletin board code to cut and paste into your post.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby manmeetsfire » 27 Sep 2010, 14:55

heres some pics,I coated the outside with a dressing with some spices added to it and a lil chili powder. I injected it with some soy sauce butter, and dried spices (green chilli, lemon grass and cardamom) . I basted it 3 times during smoking with soy sauce, instant dark coffee, worcestershire, brown sugar, butter, cayenne chilli pepper, paprika and a lil tomato paste and homade BBQ sauce. I also put some onions and basil in the belly. It was really good. I added a lot more elements to it then I usually do but it worked out amazing and my wife and her friend said it was the best chicken they have ever had.... so overall im happy with it. But its deff under construction.
manmeetsfire
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Low 'n' Slow (Smoking)