Sirloin on Lump

Somtimes it just has to be done, anyone fancy a ribeye?

Sirloin on Lump

Postby PyroBoris » 21 Jun 2013, 10:13

Picked up a pair of Sirloin steaks from an evil corporation of a supermarket at £9/kg, we were going to make stroganoff, but I convinced my fine lady that maybe we should try something different...

Oiled and seasoned...

Straight onto some hot lump charcoal :)

About 3-4 mins each side, as the layer of coals was not that deep (cooking time would be shorter if there was more coal I reckon)

I wasn't a massive fan of BBQ'ing steaks as they were never as good as when cooked in a screamingly hot griddle pan. But I will definitely be doing this again, as it saves cleaning a BBQ grill, will freak out my mates the first time I show them and most importantly tastes really really good.

Lesson for next time...more Lump and bigger meat.
PyroBoris
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Sirloin on Lump

Postby stretchie_ » 25 Jun 2013, 11:26

I' the past couple of weeks I've really been going on the BBQ (grilling) and found that the passed year smoking has helped me a lot, I understand more about temperatures and as such I am now a proud Brit who can cook all sorts on a BBQ without burning it

I have done a few chunks of sirloin now, from 700g to 1,500g but still used the grill. Also done a few slices of steak and oh my god there is no going back. I did a 1,500g chunk for my sisters birthday in the oven at there house and as we cut in to it there were OOO's and Aaaaah's and the same when tatsing it but to me and the Mrs it was just not a patch on the grilled ones.

Well done mate, (meant in a congratulationary mannor not the manor that heathens cook their meat :lol: )
stretchie_
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Return to Hot 'n' Fast (Grilling)