Meat Handout Times at Competitions

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

Meat Handout Times at Competitions

Postby Steve » 12 Jan 2010, 13:06

Last year we had meat handout around 6pm at the first competition and a bit earlier (about 4pm) at Rother Valley. However when we competed at the American Royal our meat was inspected at about 11am so we were free to start prep work after that.

I was wondering what the other competitors' thoughts were on meat handout and indeed what Toby's thoughts are given the logistics of the comps.

Personally I'd like to get my meat as early as possible so that I can get my pork and brisket trimmed and injected as soon as I can to give them more time in the marinade. However if we have a mystery box type day event on the first day I can see how there could be a clash.

Thought I'd open up the debate anyhow.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Meat Handout Times at Competitions

Postby British BBQ Society » 13 Jan 2010, 15:53

I will celebrate the day we have to inspect 500 teams meat, which would of course take all day. Alas it will be a while. The meat hand out time will be issued closer to the date once we know how many teams will be competing and schedule for the weekend.

As you are aware, as a small circuit last year we had to wait until all competitors were on site before commencing the competition. This year, with more teams, everything will be formal.

Toby
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Steve » 13 Jan 2010, 17:04

More "formal"

Will you be beating people with sticks if they don't do as they're told :lol:

If so beat Neil for me, he deserves it :twisted:
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby All Weather Griller » 13 Jan 2010, 20:09

I like the idea of having early meat inspections, I know last year was a mare especially given some of the Traffic that people were stuck in.

Any news on a meat sponsor for this year?

Cheerz

Adie
All Weather Griller

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events