Cartmel Transport Co-operative

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

Cartmel Transport Co-operative

Postby Steve » 23 Jan 2012, 11:33

Now that the dates for the comps have been confirmed I'm sure everyone will be starting to plan which events they are going to do and how they are going to go about doing them.

There are quite a few teams in the South East and Cartmel is a fair old trek for us, however it's going to be a cracking location for a comp and it will be great to do our first event in the north since 2009!!!

I mentioned this briefly to John on the phone the other day but we never discussed at length. Would any of the teams in the South East be interested in looking at clubbing together to cover transport costs? Maybe we could chip in for 7.5ton Luton or something similar and get all of our gear in together?

I'm just thinking it might be helpful on the cost front.

Please discuss... :D
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cartmel Transport Co-operative

Postby joker smoker » 19 Feb 2012, 00:07

so long as we stop for pies in Wigan en route :lol:
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: Cartmel Transport Co-operative

Postby Steve » 19 Feb 2012, 01:26

Hell yeah, I have to stop in Wigan anyhow as we're stopping at my uncle and aunt's flat on Windermere for the weekend. I can do a pie run for sure. :D

Although, I don't know who does the best pies in Wigan these days. My great grandad has long since gone to his grave and his were the best, although his pie shop in Pemberton might have even been before your time John.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events