Updated BBBQS Rules

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

Re: Updated BBBQS Rules

Postby joker smoker » 24 Apr 2010, 12:21

I am also finding this a bit of an issue. I would like to think that honesty will prevail but I could then also ask my butcher to trim my brisket to competition standard before I buy it and I would technically still be within the rules. in addition, is it fair that somebody prepared to shell out for a wagyu/kobe brisket has a better chance of winning over the judges than somebody using BBBQS issue meat. Will the inspection of meat be more thorough than in previous competitions. i.e. will somebody be checking to see if anybody has injected or marinated their meat prior to the competition start time. Sorry if I seem a little cautious or like I'm nit picking but i would like to start from the strongest position possible as I have been a little naive in previous years.
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: Updated BBBQS Rules

Postby British BBQ Society » 24 Apr 2010, 14:34

Not to worry, like most threads they start in one place and move to another, the meat doesnt have to be vac packed although it would probably be easier for you guys if it was. The meat will be checked prior to the competition to make sure it hasnt been trimmed or injected and it is stored at the correct temp. The rules were changed to included a "limited" amount of meat for competitions because I wanted to create a level playing field, the option is to allow people to bring their own or use ours, we can also supply additonal if teams want to use the society butcher of choice. Hope this clarifies the situation
Toby
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events