pig in the park 2010 williamston SC USA

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

pig in the park 2010 williamston SC USA

Postby walterbsc » 25 May 2010, 20:59

Well I hope this is ok here is a album of my teams last bbq comp . Enjoy , now yall can see what I look like!!
Also pictured is Kenneth Phelps team member and pit master in training. We came in 9th out of 17 teams.

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn26 ... lAppeal07/
walterbsc
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: pig in the park 2010 williamston SC USA

Postby All Weather Griller » 26 May 2010, 05:59

There are some pretty nice pics there and I think I need to limit myself to looking at these after Breakfast!!!

How do you find the big WSM? I find mine burns a little hotter than the 47 but I do still love it.

Always good to see Photo's of Q, hopefully there should be a few from me next week.
All Weather Griller

Postby Neil » 26 May 2010, 07:19

Looks good :).I think there may be a few more albms like that after this weekend :D (well hopefully)
Neil
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby walterbsc » 26 May 2010, 10:17

All Weather Griller wrote:There are some pretty nice pics there and I think I need to limit myself to looking at these after Breakfast!!!

How do you find the big WSM? I find mine burns a little hotter than the 47 but I do still love it.

Always good to see Photo's of Q, hopefully there should be a few from me next week.

Well it takes more fuel thats for sure , one whole bag of kingsford in the charcoal ring , half another in the chimmney starter , a a few handfulls of coals around the 12 hr cooking time got us thru. Like most WSM` after a few more cooks and seasonings the temps should level out. I had not had the opportunity to cook any on it before hand so we had temp jumps during the cooking process I kept the temps between 200 and 2 75 , that will improve with use. I have to find a meatal worker to make the chute door fit better and tighter.
walterbsc
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events