Point totals and turn in

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

Point totals and turn in

Postby philnewts » 09 Jun 2010, 22:49

Hi

If I joined the competition at round 2 would I already be at a disadvantage for having missed round 1?
Sorry if i misunderstand the rules I just wanted to know if you have to compete in all the rounds to be considered for any overall finals.

Also the rules state you cannot leave your cook site unattended - if I was competing solo how doe this work for turn in etc?

Thanks
:)
philnewts
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Point totals and turn in

Postby Steve » 10 Jun 2010, 11:17

My understanding is that the overall points for the national champion title and place at the Jack will be based on the July and August competitions only. This year Mayhem in May was more of a practice event to let the large number of new teams get into the swing.

The rule about someone at your cook site at all times didn't apply in May, I doubt it will in July ( I might be cooking solo yet as my team mates aren't sure they can make it) but it might apply in August as we're going to be at a public venue.

However the teams are all pretty friendly and I'm sure one of your neighbours would stand at your site for a few minutes while you went to turn in.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby All Weather Griller » 10 Jun 2010, 16:04

As far as I'm aware the points from Mayhem in May aren't (Are not) being carried over.
All Weather Griller

Postby British BBQ Society » 11 Jun 2010, 03:41

The guys have it right, the event in May was a practice and introduction to competition BBQ, The points for July and August are added together to find the Britush representative at the Jack Daniels Invitational.

Also You will not need anyone at your pitch at all times in July as it is being held at mine again, the only reason for someone in your area at all times would be at a public event such as the national final in August where there is a risk of the public walking onto your pitch and burning them selves or worse taking the lid of your BBQ :lol:
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MadCow » 21 Jun 2010, 17:01

British BBQ Society wrote:a risk of the public walking onto your pitch and burning them selves or worse taking the lid of your BBQ :lol:

So glad you got the priorities right Toby !!! :lol:
MadCow

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events