Tasting at the cook off events but not actually cooking?

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

Tasting at the cook off events but not actually cooking?

Postby SR-71 Blackbird » 20 May 2013, 13:30

Hi there,

I have been a member for a while and ribs are one of my favourites. I think mine are pretty good but I'd really like to see what the UKs best taste like so I was wondering how these events work?

It seems like some of the events are linked to bigger events like a county show etc so can people turn up and buy some of the cooked food to see what it is like and generally talk about how to improve their own home smoking?

I am not ready to compete at these events although it would be something I would like to do in time.

Thanks very much for your thoughts

Alex
SR-71 Blackbird
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Tasting at the cook off events but not actually cooking?

Postby keith157 » 20 May 2013, 19:08

Some events actively encourage teams to hand out any surplus, if you could have seen Grillstock it was definitely seagulls after the trawlers. At the sound of the applause as the team set out it's entry scores of people would flock to nab a bit. yes it's a bit pot & kettle, but I don't remember elbowing people out of our way :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

We've been going to comps for nigh on two years now and, providing you take care not to interrupt a team when they are getting their entry ready, they will usually take time out to give you a couple of pointers.

Why not have a look at the writeups on the BBBQS/IBQN/saysausages Facebook pages on the grassroots event Toby held in May to coincide with the full competition MiM. He has already stated plans for 10th & 11th August for another course. Drop him a pm or go to the topic viewtopic.php?f=78&t=3285&p=28113&hilit=grassroots#p28113
keith157

Re: Tasting at the cook off events but not actually cooking?

Postby SR-71 Blackbird » 28 May 2013, 12:38

Hiya,

Thanks very much for that info, it looks great. I will do some more investigating.
SR-71 Blackbird
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events