Comp Critic ........

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

Re: Comp Critic ........

Postby All Weather Griller » 21 Jul 2010, 18:41

I'll not leave the thread, but this kind of thing bugs the tits off of me. I have spent a fortune on something I love doing, I say "I" what I meant to say was "we" my whole family are big on this. Sure a couple of people have asked me to cater an event, but I have no desire to earn a living from it. It would be nice if it even in a small way subsidised my hobby.

The mileage and fuel costs alone would scare some people witless but (touch wood) at present I have an income and wife that doesn't frown too much at me doing this. In fact I didn't even cash my winnings last year, I do this for the fun and enjoyment, and this thread has taken some of that away from me today!

As you have seen today I'm quietly passionate about this :D

Plus I can't find the Comp Critic commenting on anything elsewhere, I can't help but feel it's a dig or maybe other places won't allow the freedom to criticise, I dunno.

I gonna get a beer then head to Bed, got Swansea tomorrow and that isn't funny either. 8 hour round trip for a 1 hour meeting which should be done over the phone! But that's a whole other gripe.
All Weather Griller

Postby Comp Critic » 21 Jul 2010, 19:41

DrSweetsmoke wrote:Right -

YES the original post showed that this person is misinformed and looking at things in a general light but what is more surprising is that people are taking the bait. Relax guys there is and will always be at least one person looking to wind people up..don't let this ruin the vibe we groove to.

Interesting posts and obviously alot of passion as a couple of posts have mentioned, I know that first post was accurate even if it was disliked, I appreciate that this thread has been allowed to flow, some BBQ organisations havent even allowed my comments let alone posts and refuse to acknowledge criticism.

It looks like most of the digs are against people and someone is completely missing the point.
Comp Critic
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby British BBQ Society » 21 Jul 2010, 19:44

Its been fun, but now I think its time to move on, i appreciate the feedback, and after our national final if you can make it, please let us all know your thoughts. If you want any more details please PM me.

Happy Hunting

Toby
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events