One Brilliant Smoking Weekend

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

Re: One Brilliant Smoking Weekend

Postby keith157 » 16 Aug 2013, 10:44

Dan that's the 2013 calendar, Toby will update it as soon as he has confirmed dates for next year. Yes it was a great weekend, if you made new friends and a good time ate and drank well then it was a success. Getting a "walk" is something only a small percentage of teams get to do. It was great to see so many new teams at the event being aided by the more experienced ones. Here's to next year, and maybe the end of this one, we can but hope :D .
keith157

Postby Guy B » 16 Aug 2013, 22:40

Glad you lked the ribs - Elliots of kislinbury hung the beef for the perfect amount of time, loving well aged Hereford, USDA my a*# :)

Sorry to anyone who I may have accused of not cooking in the spirit of bbq. Bit like saying top fuel dragsters are poor at shopping trips.

Not sure where our place lies in BBQ - not in comp most likely, but hope not to miss out all together.

Big thanks to all and lets hope that as the economy picks up and the cheep cut will be once again and therefore man may justify a £300 smoker without question.
Guy B
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby Steve » 19 Aug 2013, 08:26

Was great to meet all the new faces at One Smokin' Weekend.

Personally I had an absolute blast apart for the four hours or so on Saturday morning where I was hanging out of my own arse.

Red Leg rum is evil, remember that!
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby keith157 » 19 Aug 2013, 08:49

Steve wrote:Was great to meet all the new faces at One Smokin' Weekend.

Personally I had an absolute blast apart for the four hours or so on Saturday morning where I was hanging out of my own arse.

Red Leg rum is evil, remember that!

I think you need to go back to your Jedi training Steve, that way they wouldn't be able to hold you down and pour it down your throat :D
keith157

Previous

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events