My charity BBQ - This Sunday - Cancer Research

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

My charity BBQ - This Sunday - Cancer Research

Postby Artust » 11 Jul 2014, 14:05

Hi Guys,

I know we all get asked all over the place about donations for charity but his event was right up my street. The person at Cancer Research marketing who thought up 'BBQ to beat Cancer' is a genius.

So Im all set for Sunday and have 60 friends and family joining us at our home to eat pulled pork rolls & BBQ beans and hopefully raise as much money as possible.

We are already at £645 but would love to get to £750 before the day. And the magic £1k is a dream but we will have to wait and see. We are running a raffle on the day and have been donated some great prizes from businesses in our area, so we hope to raise a little more with the tickets to that too. We have been truly overwhelmed by the generosity of people but I suppose it's a sad reflection that cancer affects us all in some way nowdays.

If anyone is interested in what we are doing please have a look at the page and if anyone is feeling generous then any donations are gratefully received.

https://www.justgiving.com/BBQ-Stu/

Thank you.

:D
Artust
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: My charity BBQ - This Sunday - Cancer Research

Postby Stu_C » 16 Jul 2014, 09:10

Well done Artust, please let us know your final total, I hear it's broken the £1,000 mark!
Any tips on feeding 60+ people also?
Stu_C
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events