World Food Championship Vegas

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

Re: World Food Championship Vegas

Postby Toby » 19 Nov 2014, 12:44

JEC wrote:Is that the final results, excellent if it is, Toby was at the top of the table earlier when I checked but the listing wasn't completed, I was sat patiently keeping my fingers crossed for him. Glad to see the other British teams are doing well too.

I went with the aim of finishing top 10, family commitments meant i had to fly back before the finals and after getting GC in the KCBS round went out and got hammered. I put something in for the 10 team shootout for the final table but as i wouldnt have been able to take part and didnt have half the stuff needed for a round like that walk away from the competition having achieved the first KCBS grand champion on american soil by a team from europe for over a decade. Very happy.
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JEC » 19 Nov 2014, 14:05

Toby wrote:
JEC wrote:Is that the final results, excellent if it is, Toby was at the top of the table earlier when I checked but the listing wasn't completed, I was sat patiently keeping my fingers crossed for him. Glad to see the other British teams are doing well too.

I went with the aim of finishing top 10, family commitments meant i had to fly back before the finals and after getting GC in the KCBS round went out and got hammered. I put something in for the 10 team shootout for the final table but as i wouldnt have been able to take part and didnt have half the stuff needed for a round like that walk away from the competition having achieved the first KCBS grand champion on american soil by a team from europe for over a decade. Very happy.

A first in the meats and by two clear points is great, and in the Top 10 is a mega achievement. Well done!!
JEC

Postby JoeSalop » 19 Nov 2014, 16:26

Yes, very well done Toby and team!! Fantastic result. You will have to captain the first BBQ Ryder Cup!! ;)
JoeSalop
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby BraaiMeesterWannabe » 19 Nov 2014, 22:03

JoeSalop wrote:Yes, very well done Toby and team!! Fantastic result. You will have to captain the first BBQ Ryder Cup!! ;)

Like :lol:
BraaiMeesterWannabe
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby gazz_46 » 23 Nov 2014, 22:01

CyderPig wrote:Huge congratulations to Toby Shea and Alan Low for winning Grand Champion placement in Vegas in the BBQ section.
Also big respect to Dr Evil BBQ and the Beefy Boys who were competing in the Burger section.

Si

Thanks Si, We had a blast!

Got back late Friday evening with suitcases full with a lifetime of memories..... Wot an experience.

Once again Toby did us proud as did the beefy boys, bloody well done chaps.

Proud to say we were there, for us it was a taster of comps abroad rather than a serious tilt at the title but still flew the flag high. Our 1st entry the signature burger bombed, think it was too savoury... The second entry the compulsory "Red Robin" build came in a respectable 11th so can't be too disappointed, overall we finished 23rd of 50..

Doh! Must try harder
gazz_46
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby Alan (H+T) » 24 Nov 2014, 16:44

Don't know if it's just me but now that I am back I could really do with a holiday
Alan (H+T)
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Previous

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events