Northern BBQ team?

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

Northern BBQ team?

Postby ParatusBBQ » 26 May 2015, 18:32

Hello,

Are there any Northern BBQ teams out there? I am in Wigan. I love BBQ-ing. For the last 2 years or so I have been getting more and more into it. Then I found this place and my experience has further been enhanced, for which I thank you! I feel the next natural step would be to go into competitions. However, I see most of the teams on here that I have seen are from down south. I would love to experience a comp from within an established team just to see if I could do it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
ParatusBBQ
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Northern BBQ team?

Postby Kiska95 » 26 May 2015, 19:36

Me too :)
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby Swindon_Ed » 28 May 2015, 19:42

It depends how far down you consider south ;) there are a couple of teams in the north, but more in the south as that's where most of the contests are.

That being said, Grillstock is in Manchester this weekend so we'll all be heading north.
Swindon_Ed

Postby chunkrock » 11 Jun 2015, 11:28

I came here with the express intention of finding a bbq team to join in the Manchester area.

I am not currently in possession of all the pro gear but I am buying my first Weber mastertouch next month and a smokey mountain around October time. I really want BBQing to be my new fulltime hobby :)
chunkrock
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby batvan » 13 Jun 2015, 08:58

I'm in a team, it's called team me! I regularly win grand champion.im also the head judge :D
Not much help in original question but just out of interest where do you get your meat? I'm in chorley n always on the look out for somewhere that knows which cut I want without avin to try n explain it to them. Though I just recently tried a farm shop in euxton which I reckon will become mi new butchers!
batvan
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events