Jack Daniels - Cooking from the homeland

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

Jack Daniels - Cooking from the homeland

Postby British BBQ Society » 24 Oct 2009, 22:47

Congratulations to Cripsy Critters finishing 2nd in the cooking from the homeland catagory, I will update the remaining placings as soon as i hear them.
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Jack Daniels - Cooking from the homeland

Postby Blazing » 29 Oct 2009, 13:29

Hi Guys,
Our dish for cooking of the homeland seemed to evolve....... The dish started out at beef & Yorkshire pudding, but with some further digging into previous results, we found that creamy meat dishes seemed to do well. My God.....our dish had now changed - although not very British (apart from the delicious Yorkshire pudding) it was certainly European. A mix and match in fact - and probabaly not one for a British pallot. The dish (with no name) ended up as beef fillet stroganoff, inside a Yorkshire pudding, sat ontop of wild mushroom risotto. Well, it looked good.....there were many flavours and textures - (too many for me personally). But hey ho, Second place - nice trophey, bottle of Jack, BBQ utensils and a cheque for $500.

This dish was all cooked on a Primo grill. These cookers are amazing for heat retention. I'm sure that Dave had a secret love affair with the Primo, he seemed to give it a cuddle most nights.

[ThumbPop]Image[/ThumbPop]
Blazing
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events