Smoky Scrambled Egg

Got a recipe for a killer 'Slaw or some hearty BBQ beans? Maybe you make some killer ABT's or something more inventive. This is the place to post your recipes.

Smoky Scrambled Egg

Postby Chris__M » 07 Oct 2011, 12:06

So I have the two guys outside working on my garden and BBQ area, and I am fixing myself lunch. I decide to try an experiment with the butter I smoked last week on my new ProQ CSM. So I made a 3-egg batch of scrambled eggs with it, half expecting to throw it away and start again. But you have to try these things.

I took a taste, and immediately had to run outside with a small plate and a couple of teapoons, for the guys to try. Absolutely delicious.

1) Smoke a lump of butter in ProQ for 3 hours. I used oak, but will be trying other woods.

2) Place a large knob of the previously smoked butter in a frying pan, and melt over a medium heat, while beating some eggs in a bowl or mug.

3) When *half* the butter is melted pour in the eggs, and add salt and pepper to taste. Keep the eggs on the move with a wooden spoon.

4) When the eggs appear to be 3/4 cooked, remove from the heat, but keep stirring, until they are completely cooked.
Chris__M
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: Smoky Scrambled Egg

Postby JEC » 07 Oct 2011, 20:36

You must have way too much time on your hands if you've started smoking butter :lol: Nice idea though, lets watch it catch on
JEC

Re: Smoky Scrambled Egg

Postby Chris__M » 07 Oct 2011, 22:19

JEC wrote:You must have way too much time on your hands if you've started smoking butter :lol: Nice idea though, lets watch it catch on

:lol: I'd only just got the Cold Smoker, and was smoking various types of cheese, for the first time. After laying out all the cheese, I had room for something else, and I had read that you could smoke butter so I thought "why not".
Chris__M
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Return to Sides