Carolina Yellow Sauce

A place for all your seasonings and sauces.

Carolina Yellow Sauce

Postby Verminskti » 12 Mar 2015, 14:23

Really loving Newman's South Carolina sauce. The mix of vinegar and mustard really makes pork zing. (I'd stay away from the rub I can't see any difference other than price per ml from the bottle)

I cooked up some shoulder of pork last night and it needed something else as the bark was beautiful but the pork it's self was a little bland if not smothered in sauce. I also kinda missed the usual kick these things have. So I did mix some Daves Insanity with the pork and noodles I had for lunch.

So two questions. 1.) What can I rub/inject/marinade pork in that will go nicely with the sauce? 2.) What's the best chilli fresh/dried or sauce to add to the rub? and 3.)....THREE questions :D ...Anyone have a recipe using UK ingrediants that betters the NEwman's for a mustard sauce?
Verminskti
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Carolina Yellow Sauce

Postby derekmiller » 13 Mar 2015, 09:08

For the 3rd q, this is my basic mustard sauce, found it on the web somewhere, cant remember where.
Combine the ingredients over a low heat:

3 cups prepared yellow mustard
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoon tomato paste
2 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoon cayenne
2 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoon white pepper
derekmiller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Verminskti » 13 Mar 2015, 14:43

Derek, I saw that recipe. I'm guessing Colman's mustard isn't the yellow mustard one should be using? :twisted:
Verminskti
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby derekmiller » 16 Mar 2015, 10:42

Verminskti wrote:Derek, I saw that recipe. I'm guessing Colman's mustard isn't the yellow mustard one should be using? :twisted:

:lol:
I use French's
derekmiller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Rubs, Marinades & Sauces