Bulk spices etc......

A place for all your seasonings and sauces.

Bulk spices etc......

Postby fatbloke » 12 Jul 2015, 08:34

Been looking around for bulk quantity spices, on the basis that I've seen a number of mixes/recipes for rub. At the same time, there appears to be such wide variations depending on where the rub mix/recipe originates.

OK, understand that. As with anything, regional variations aren't a surprise.

Obviously I've been looking in the wrong places anyway, because a slight change to the search string this morning and I find this place.

They certainly have a good range/variation on the website. I wondered if anyone has used them etc ?

regards

fatbloke......
fatbloke
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Bulk spices etc......

Postby essexsmoker » 12 Jul 2015, 19:05

I'm not impressed with their chillies. Just birds eye and then mix powders. I'm after bulk volumes of individual chillis.
essexsmoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby wade » 13 Jul 2015, 09:33

I buy most of my main spices from buywholefoodsonline.com and have bought my recent speciality chilli powders from Chilliesontheweb in eBay. I can recommend both.
wade
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby benbaikal » 13 Jul 2015, 17:09

I go to my local indian/Turkish warehouse but there plenty in Leicester so no problem :D
benbaikal
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby Kiska95 » 18 Jul 2015, 14:05

With Wade on that one :D
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby fatbloke » 25 Jul 2015, 15:00

For me, the chilli isn't an issue as I get my sauces from [url=https://www.scorchio.co.uk/Scorchio[/url] but I'd likely use a liquid sauce to control the level of heat possible (I like nuclear grade, but most I know are pussies when it comes to chilli heat).

It's some of the other stuff I was thinking of i.e. paprika etc. If I can get them in the sort of half to a kilo quantities, then I'm happy to toast and crush the seeds for like a "fresh" rub......

I'm looking around for good rub recipes etc, to try (I have a Brinkman vertical smoker) so that I can work out one or two that I like.

Thanks for the input. I'll keep trying to find an Indian/Chinese/Turkish/wherever market/shop locally. I'll likely have to try them but also check out the other links posted.........

{edit}just looked at the two places that Wade posted about. Excellent, as they also give me some places to check out the prices etc for bulk(ish) sized quantities. Thank you for that info, brilliant.......{/edit}
fatbloke
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Return to Rubs, Marinades & Sauces