Looking for marinade for brisket

A place for all your seasonings and sauces.

Re: Looking for marinade for brisket

Postby Vic. » 13 Apr 2011, 16:11

would love to go to one of these UK comp events to see what its all about, sounds interesting.
Vic.
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby ticktick » 13 Apr 2011, 16:26

I guarantee you'd be more than welcome and welcomed warmly. Brilliant atmosphere as well as making friends for life, who also have a common interest. If you ever get the chance to, come over and try it. I suggest the May competition as even though it is still a competition, it is also a social as well.
ticktick
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Vic. » 13 Apr 2011, 16:51

will definatelt try to get over sometime this year, a 20st baldhead coming your way :lol: ....when are the events?
Vic.
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby ticktick » 13 Apr 2011, 18:42

The first comp is May 28th and 29th. The main 2 comps where the points count toward the final result are July 30th and 31st and Aug 27th and 28th.
ticktick
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby LM600 » 03 May 2011, 18:49

All Weather Griller wrote:It's a different cut. I like thyme and garlic too but generally use it on the outside of a roasting joint.

http://www.joseph-morris.co.uk/cuts/beef%20cuts.jpeg

I have used 4-5 oxo cubes, garlic powder, onion salt, mix to taste with some cranberry juice or cola and inject that. I tend to warm it first and it's what I do at home not for comps.

Hey Adie,

Have you used Joseph Morris? I keep looking at their prices and they seem pretty good - even with the drive to from MK to a Leicester village (it's not a few junctions up the M1 like Makro is!)

Cheers,

Marcus
LM600

Previous

Return to Rubs, Marinades & Sauces