Mill Inn, Aldeburgh

A forum for reviews of bbq restaurants. Only mods and admins can create new topics here, but everyone else can reply. Opinions expressed here are those of the individual and are not representative of the BBBQS.

Mill Inn, Aldeburgh

Postby Yelramp » 08 Dec 2015, 05:57

Spend a few days on the Suffolk coast and found our way to the Mill Inn.

They've recently purchased an American style smoker and the landlord's keen to show off what it can do. Tried the brisket on the first visit and it was truly melt in the mouth goodness, sorry no pics, too busy eating.

Second trip I had the ribs, this time remembered the picture before starting. Really tasty and tender, simply served with chips and coleslaw along with their own sweet,tangy bbq sauce. Very nice indeed. Wife had the rib roast with trimmings and said it was very good too.

Couldn't finish all the ribs but wrapping so I could take it away wasn't a problem. In fact, the staff and service were very good all round. We'll definitely return again.

This isn't a smoke house, just an Adnams pub with a smoking enthusiast landlord. Ring in advance to find out what smoked delights are on the menu as it's early days so a bit hit & miss at the moment.

Yelramp
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Mill Inn, Aldeburgh

Postby essexsmoker » 08 Dec 2015, 17:55

Sounds great. gagging to sample someone else's food. I think you never quite know how you're doing if you haven't sampled others food.
essexsmoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Artust » 14 Jan 2016, 09:00

I sometimes head roughly over that way with work so sure I could plan a small lunch de-tour.
Artust
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby BintanMan » 18 Mar 2016, 11:40

I've been here too and I can recommend it. I've also had the ribs. As the OP said it's not a smokehouse, but non the less it's a great place to eat and has plenty of drink to choose from (beer and spirits) and has a 'specials' board.
BintanMan
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Return to Restaurant Reviews