Texas Joes (Located in Brewdog Shoreditch)

A forum for reviews of bbq restaurants. Only mods and admins can create new topics here, but everyone else can reply. Opinions expressed here are those of the individual and are not representative of the BBBQS.

Re: Texas Joes (Located in Brewdog Shoreditch)

Postby kendoll » 12 May 2014, 01:24

I went to Texas Joe's in the Brew Dog in Shoreditch a couple of weeks ago.

My wife and I went specifically to try the 'Q.

I have to say it was pretty good. I had the sampler plate and couldn't actually finish it. :)

All up I thought the food was pretty good.

The brisket had a great texture, pulling apart with a bit of force required and not just crumbling, but slightly dry (although I would have preferred it sliced thinner which may have helped with the dryness).
The ribs were a little soft for my preference, but had a nice flavour.
The pork shoulder was good with a nice sauce.
The hot link was nice with a decent bite to it and a good texture.

We tried the bacon wrapped jalepenos and I quite enjoyed them. When I make them I usually smoke them more and get the bacon crispier but these were probably better suited to most peoples tastes.

I think it says something that the following week a colleague and i ended up there for drinks and dinner. So in the 6 days I was in London I ate there twice. :) It was my colleagues first experience of American bbq and he really enjoyed it.

On my second visit I had a bit of a chat with one of the managers too, super friendly guy. I was asking about the smoker they used and he went and got a pic of it for me.

The fantastic selection of beers doesn't hurt! :)

Ken
kendoll
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Previous

Return to Restaurant Reviews