SMOKE BBQ SHEFFIELD... ANYONE ELSE BEEN?

A forum for reviews of bbq restaurants. Only mods and admins can create new topics here, but everyone else can reply. Opinions expressed here are those of the individual and are not representative of the BBBQS.

SMOKE BBQ SHEFFIELD... ANYONE ELSE BEEN?

Postby GalaTent » 26 Jun 2014, 16:48

I visited Smoke a few days after it opened and had a great time. The pulled pork was soft, tender and tasty. The brisket was tender, juicy and tasty. The BBQ sauces were very nice. The decor is very good with some real unique ideas. Beverages and staff were excellent. Except that they gave us tumblers for wine ?!

Ribs were a little dry to be totally honest but they had only been open a few days. I have a smoker and cook BBQ myself and can fully appreciate that starting a new restaurant with new equipment, staff and premises could be tricky and it'll take a while to perfect and hone those skills needed.

I've been to quite a few BBQ joints in the UK and one thing I was really happy about was a decent portion size. Most BBQ joints seem to want to copy the US BBQ style but they're then tight with the portions! If you're going the American way then lets all be super sized :) Everything had a nice smoke taste to it which I have found severely lacking in other places such as Reds in Leeds.... etc.

Overall Smoke Sheffield was a great experience with good value for money and it's only going to get better!

We''ve been back there several times and it's never disappointed! :D
GalaTent
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: SMOKE BBQ SHEFFIELD... ANYONE ELSE BEEN?

Postby Matsuya » 26 Jun 2014, 20:27

Sounds really good! I agree with you on the portion sizes - if I'm rating BBQ I wasn't too be stuffed at the end of it :D
Matsuya
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby mark70 » 27 Jun 2014, 05:25

Been twice really enjoyed it. Pulled pork brisket bad burgers all good. Not tried ribs yets. Double cooked chips great. Love the American red beer served in jugs
mark70
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Artust » 01 Jul 2014, 18:10

We made a big round trip to go to this place and really enjoyed it. There are some pretty daft reviews on Trip Advisor so I decided to tell the truth. Here is my review.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserRe ... ml#REVIEWS
Artust
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Restaurant Reviews