pitt cue

A forum for reviews of bbq restaurants. Only mods and admins can create new topics here, but everyone else can reply. Opinions expressed here are those of the individual and are not representative of the BBBQS.

pitt cue

Postby Nodding scooby » 21 Sep 2014, 18:27

Went to pitt cue on friday for lunch, have to say food was well nice. Service was good and food came out quick maybe a little too quick but the place is small and turn round is good. Overall would defo go back again, the missus said you could smell the smokeiness in the place but cant comment on that as i cant smell
Nodding scooby
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: pitt cue

Postby robbo1982 » 23 Sep 2014, 21:06

Nice i have their recipe book... Have to say though I haven't cooked hugely from it yet. If in London there is a great BBQ place just tucked away behind bricklane - it's a picnic table type affair served from a trendy trailor type thing so it does have a couple of indoor covers. Anyways it's called caboose I think. Lovely pulled pork and the guy does his own sauces too. 7 quid for a pulled pork side and a can of drink! Yum!
robbo1982
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby JBBQ » 24 Sep 2014, 08:01

I've been influenced by a couple of their recipes but not followed to the letter! The desserts are amazing though - SWMBO made the peanut butter chocolate tart and it went down very well even after copious amounts of smoked meats!
JBBQ
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby LoneWalker » 24 Sep 2014, 19:13

That peanut butter and chocolate tart is amazing. Done it 3 times and good every time. Missus loves it.

Has anyone made the Mother Sauce? Do you think it can be frozen in smaller batches as the recipe makes 2.5L?
LoneWalker
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Flecam » 20 Jan 2015, 21:47

The book is awesome. great recipes, although some are hard to use unless your feeding 100!

The House sausage recipe on page 140, looks stunning. Easy to make, and so versatile.

Got to try this.

I think the mother sauce is unachievable in a domestic kitchen due to cost, but, ideas can be taken from it to enhance other sauces and stock.
Flecam
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Return to Restaurant Reviews