Barbecoa 8th November 2010

A forum for reviews of bbq restaurants. Only mods and admins can create new topics here, but everyone else can reply. Opinions expressed here are those of the individual and are not representative of the BBBQS.

Re: Barbecoa 8th November 2010

Postby ConorD » 12 Feb 2013, 19:06

Went today (12th Feb 2013) with a couple others and had baby back ribs to start:

One of us had the Texas pit beef which was awesome;

I had the pulled pork. Like the ribs this was nice but too much onus on the sauce and I am a bt of a purist where the meat should speak for itself;

The jalapeno corn bread was lovely and something I am going to teach myself how to cook.

All in all not bad but thought the ribs at the Pitt Que Co. were better (need to go back there and try the rest of the menu).
ConorD
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby UKEgger » 13 Feb 2013, 14:39

If you go here try the Bloody Mary fantastic !
UKEgger
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby beercan » 29 May 2013, 19:25

Have been there to eat earlier in the year and loved the place. Had to go as APL has to be one of my BBQ gurus lol.
Appreciate the comments on the limited menu and did think the same myself until I thought who the place was catering for. In fairness we all love anything ccoked on the grill etc. but most of the people the place was aimed at are probably more used to some very traditional british burnt offerings so needed breaking in slowly !

Anyway hopefully next year plan a trip to New York and a visit to Adams Daisy Mays and an interesting comparison then .
Chris
beercan
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Previous

Return to Restaurant Reviews