CARDIFF Barbecue recommendation ?

A forum for reviews of bbq restaurants. Only mods and admins can create new topics here, but everyone else can reply. Opinions expressed here are those of the individual and are not representative of the BBBQS.

Postby BigG » 09 Mar 2016, 08:25

Hi All.
I'm craving barbecue, since moving house last month I've not setup my smokers and barbecues yet, and I'm working/staying down in Cardiff for the next few weeks, has anyone got a recommendation for a good BBQ restaurant before this hotel food kills me? There's a few down here but I don't trust trip advisor. Cheers
BigG
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby TakingtheBrisket » 09 Mar 2016, 17:12

The hangfire girls have just opened a new restaurant, it's not in cardiff but worth a commute
TakingtheBrisket
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: CARDIFF Barbecue recommendation ?

Postby BigG » 10 Mar 2016, 14:20

Thanks mate, Hang Fire in Barry isn't too far from Cardiff, Its literally just opened within the last week, I'll give it a go next time, I ended up trying THE SMOKE HAUS in Cardiff, It was ok, bit pricey I thought, The typical mixed platter/mixed grill of chicken/ribs/brisket/pulled pork/hot links/pastrami was £32 per person !! I tried the Meat Threesome ! Pastrami/Beef Brisket and Pulled Pork served with skin on fries and slaw £19.95! TBH it wasn't great, Brisket had no noticeable smoke flavour neither did the pastrami, The pulled pork was too smokey, more house fire taste than bbq smoke, the pulled pork was super finely shredded to a mush in tons of sauce :cry: I'd prefer strands of pulled meat rather than spoonfuls of mush, it almost had the texture of being in a blender, the beef brisket was ok, again smothered in house bbq sauce, no smoke flavour and big lumps of meat rather than slices, Pastrami was good but no smoke. Fries were fries, Slaw very creamy with no other flavour, no vinegar or anything to cut the creamy mayo. I'd like to go again and try there ribs,chicken and dogs. First impressions of the food ............. I do better at home.
Hang Fire next time or "The Smoke House" on Pontcanna Street I think.
BigG
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Restaurant Reviews