Bodeans Soho 7/11/09

A forum for reviews of bbq restaurants. Only mods and admins can create new topics here, but everyone else can reply. Opinions expressed here are those of the individual and are not representative of the BBBQS.

Re: Bodeans Soho 7/11/09

Postby aris » 15 Oct 2013, 08:31

Everything is made at a central kitchen (not attached to any of their restaurants) - and to a common-denominator flavour profile.

I think if you are looking for competition quality BBQ at a restaurant, I'm not sure any restaurant in the UK will cut it.
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: Bodeans Soho 7/11/09

Postby thelawnet » 16 Mar 2014, 20:50

Went to boedeans soho today. Doing a roaring trade.

Cocktails were good. Sierra Nevada at £5.50 excessive.

Buffalo wings were very soggy. Should be deep fried to order. I suspect they prepare long in advance and microwave, hence the sogginess. Not good.

Cornbread was quite nice.

Pulled pork was lacking flavour. Not moist, though adding mayonnaise helped. Also seemed to be microwaved, possibly along with the chips, which weren't fresh of crisp.

Ribs some of the worst ever. Better ribs in Harvester. Not sauced, which is fine if moist and well rubbed, but there didnt seem to be any rub on them. Sauce was generic HP style BBQ sauce out of a squeezy bottle. My son refused to finish them, which is very unusual.

Little or no smoke flavour throughout.

An embarrassment.
thelawnet
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Previous

Return to Restaurant Reviews