Gloven

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Gloven

Postby From The Sauce » 21 Sep 2011, 13:59

Hi guys, I wondered if any of you have come across Gloven? (www.gloven.co.uk)

I saw them last week while after seeing a retweet of one of the foodie people I follow. I ordered 2 pairs and hey presto within 2 days they had arrived.

I used them for some bbqing last weekend and have been using them around the kitchen this week. I have been amazed how much 'feel' you still get in the gloves while being fully protected. Not only that they are easily washed if you get any spillages on them.
From The Sauce
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Gloven

Postby JEC » 21 Sep 2011, 17:54

Seems like a good idea, will give them a try, they're still cheaper than webers BBQ gloves!! For really hot stuff I tend to just use welding gauntlets but you lose any sense of touch.
JEC

Postby Steve » 22 Sep 2011, 07:23

What's the material like? Are they suitable for handling food directly or are they more like a traditional oven glove in that they're fabric and for grabbing hot dishes and stuff?

I use welding gauntlets for really hot stuff as I can get them for £3 a pair from eBay and they're great for moving hot coals :D

I've also got some neoprene gauntlets I bought in the US which are great for picking up food items but I've never seen them in the UK. To be honest I often just double bag with nitriles when I want to grab a butt or something off the grill, burns a bit but what's a bit of pain between friends.

Might like to try these glovens though they look like they might be quite good.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Glovens » 23 Sep 2011, 09:00

Hi Steve, the Glovens are made from Nomex and Kevlar which is used in Formula 1 racing - so they are thinner but still protect from heat and flames. Also the dexterity is possible as you have all five fingers to use while cooking. Have a look at our website at the reviews. Also Amazon we have had so many responses and this is why we have been selling more by word of mouth and recommendation than any advertising. Any questions just fire away (pun intended!) Nola
Glovens
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby RobinC » 23 Sep 2011, 12:11

I've ordered a pair of these as I needed some more gloves. Will let you know how I get on
RobinC
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby BBQFanatic » 27 Sep 2011, 15:54

Dumb question, but werent these on Dragon's Den? The name rings a bell...
BBQFanatic

Postby From The Sauce » 27 Sep 2011, 15:58

Yes they were
From The Sauce
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby RobinC » 02 Oct 2011, 18:54

Got my pair of glovens earlier in the week. They had a good work out last night. Very impressed. For moving pork shoulders around and lifting hot grates they were ideal. They don't feel too bulky to wear and being gloves rather than mittens you get good dexterity.
RobinC
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby From The Sauce » 02 Oct 2011, 19:13

God you are as impressed as me. They certainly got a good workout this weekend primarily shifting coals around for most of yesterday.
From The Sauce
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Barbecue Reviews