Thermapen thermometers are a great Christmas gift

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Thermapen thermometers are a great Christmas gift

Postby Peter Webb » 30 Nov 2011, 12:11

The perfect gift for any chef: a Thermapen thermometer

What is the best present to give the BBQ cook who has everything? The one thing they probably don't have, and the one thing most top chefs and food safety experts say they should have - a fast-response digital thermometer.

Digital thermometers like the Thermapen from ETI Ltd use latest electronics technology and are faster and generally more reliable and accurate, than the older style thermometers, which can take forever to register the correct temperature, and they're not always accurate. A Thermapen thermometer can also make your food taste better, as well as help you avoid giving your guests at Christmas food poisoning.

The Thermapen thermometer makes food taste a lot better, because those of us who are worried about getting sick, from eating undercooked food have a tendency to overcook everything – and the food gets all dried out. But when you use a Thermapen thermometer you can actually stop the cooking process when the food is cooked, rather than overdone.
Peter Webb
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Thermapen thermometers are a great Christmas gift

Postby Eddie » 30 Nov 2011, 18:04

If anyone hasn't got one of these yet ? Then it's a good time to get one. They are a fantastic bit of kit, and one of the first gaget or gizmos you should buy when starting off or upgrading.
Before I purchased one I was over cooking my chicken and my kids wouldn't eat it as it was too dry. Trust me, you will be amazed with the difference.

Eddie.
Eddie
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby joker smoker » 30 Nov 2011, 18:39

my thermapen is always at hand...I'm like a teenager with a cellphone... :lol: btw love the purple one :D
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby keith157 » 01 Dec 2011, 06:34

I wish the British Racing Green was available when I bought mine :( .
Still it's for cooking not a catwalk :D
keith157

Postby British BBQ Society » 01 Dec 2011, 06:54

I like their wine thermometers that i saw in the last news letter, great stocking filler......... hint hint Kate!!!!!
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby British BBQ Society » 01 Dec 2011, 20:25

And remember to say you are part of the British BBQ Society to get a discount!
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Barbecue Reviews