Weber Pizza Oven

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Weber Pizza Oven

Postby RobinC » 05 Jan 2012, 20:22

http://www.riversidegardencentre.co.uk/ ... -oven.html

New addition to the weber 2012 range. Despite that web site advertising it as in stock I'm advised it won't be available til April/May
RobinC
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: Weber Pizza Oven

Postby RobinC » 06 Jan 2012, 08:02

Yeah it's an attachment
RobinC
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby JEC » 06 Jan 2012, 22:16

Nice, is it built around a new style kettle or is the hinged lid part of the Pizza Oven accessory? Checked with Weber and my contact wasn't too keen on commenting, wouldn't even comment if it was their's
JEC

Postby RobinC » 08 Jan 2012, 16:54

Yes it is theirs. I've seen pictures of it on Facebook at use at the Grill Academy so don't know why your contact is being so coy. The whole unit sits on top of a standard 57cm kettle.
RobinC
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby JEC » 08 Jan 2012, 20:46

RobinC wrote:Yes it is theirs. I've seen pictures of it on Facebook at use at the Grill Academy so don't know why your contact is being so coy. The whole unit sits on top of a standard 57cm kettle.

That's good then, sure it won't be cheap though!! Who knows why they were coy, probably my dodgy description!!
JEC

Postby Emi0252 » 31 Mar 2012, 05:37

Thanks for share good tips!!!
Emi0252
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby Chris__M » 31 Mar 2012, 09:55

Found this short video, which shows it in action:

Although I'm not entirely sure what the advantage of this would be over simply placing a pizza stone in the kettle, which is how I've cooked dozens of decent pizzas in the past. The lid is very shallow - presumably that it deliberate. to concentrate the heat?
Chris__M
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Chris__M » 31 Mar 2012, 10:02

Think I have just asnwered my own question. Not obvious from the pictures or video, but the lid doesn't meet the body at the front, it is shaped to provided a slot to slide pizzas in and out on a peel. This now makes sense, as you won't lose the heat every time you place or remove a pizza. However, it does mean that the video - showing the woman tending to the pizza with the lid up - is pants.

Having said that, I am sure it is going to cost lots of money (and Weber will also try to sell you a peel to go with it!), so I think I will stick to my method.
Chris__M
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby keith157 » 31 Mar 2012, 10:42

I'll still be using my pizza stone on my Outdoorchef Ascona Gas. don't cook enough Pizzas or pastries to warrant the expense................................unless of course someone wants me to trial one for them :D

No I thought not :( :lol:
keith157

Postby RobinC » 31 Mar 2012, 19:50

Chris__M wrote:Although I'm not entirely sure what the advantage of this would be over simply placing a pizza stone in the kettle, which is how I've cooked dozens of decent pizzas in the past. The lid is very shallow - presumably that it deliberate. to concentrate the heat?

Yeah I've assumed the advantage was the shallow lid directing more heat onto the pizza. I've got one of these on order but am told they won't be available over here til July
RobinC
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Next

Return to Barbecue Reviews