Electric Grills

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Re: Electric Grills

Postby Chris__M » 22 Jan 2012, 15:41

I have a Foreman-type grill - actually branded with Jamie Oliver's name, but more or less the same thing.

It gets most use in making cheese and roasted veg panninis.

However, most times when I am smoking something on the pellet grill, I tend to pop in a pack of 4 burgers as well. After cooking low and slow, I let them cool and then refrigerate. Then when I want a quick burger fix, I just shove a couple on the JO grill until they are heated through. Provided I don't overcook them initially, they are tasty and much nicer than if I had just cooked them on the JO grill from scratch.
Chris__M
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Swindon_Ed » 22 Jan 2012, 18:25

Sorry Al, you know that i'm always interested in the latest gadgets but i don't get why people would by one of these especially for the price (£200). i'd much rather use my Le Creuset cast iron griddle pan (£50) for this type of cooking.
Swindon_Ed

Postby Toby » 22 Jan 2012, 18:36

Have to agree Ed, and seeing one in action still didn't change my mind.
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris__M » 22 Jan 2012, 19:12

Sorry Al, wasn't suggesting my cheap little electric grill was in any way related to your gizmo.

I was really more responding to the subject line, and there is no doubt that what I have is electric and is a grill. :lol:

Devices of the sort I have are cheap, and two a penny, but I think more of interest was how I was using it. At a BBQ last year, I was left with a small glut of slow-smoked burgers; up to that point, it wouldn't have occurred to me that they would not only be reheatable, but tasty after doing so (and not at all dry!). However, having tried it then with success, I now do it regularly.
Chris__M
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Return to Barbecue Reviews