Cheapish Kamado BBQ?

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Re: Cheapish Kamado BBQ?

Postby KamadoSimon » 27 Mar 2012, 15:05

Pretty certain the Kamado Joe classic accessories will fit this. If anyone goes for it / is thinking of doing so and wants me to measure the accessories I have for the KJ, let me know.

That lid topper in stainless steel is going to get very very dirty....

Simon
KamadoSimon
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby BigM » 27 Mar 2012, 15:09

Plx can u messure Heat Deflector and raised shelve if u can . i think i goin to buy it if i can get
but only if kj Heat Deflector fits.
BigM
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby KamadoSimon » 27 Mar 2012, 15:27

The heat deflector stone & pizza stone are identical except for the writing / debossing on them - they measure 15 inches in diameter.

I'll measure the internal diameter of the firebox when I've stopped cooking on it (which will be this evening as I currently have a chicken being slow cooked on there). That will give you an idea as to whether or not the metal support for the stones will fit this model.

Cheers,

Simon
KamadoSimon
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Chris__M » 27 Mar 2012, 16:52

BigM wrote:ive emailed the guy who bought one asked him loads of questions waiting for reply
got this bk from Russel hes the guy who bought one off ebay. Ive sent russel the fourm
link so he may join then he can tell us about it.. cos i just about to click BUY NOW

Excellent detective work. My Weber Kettle (recently returned from friends who borrowed it last year) is about to be relent to another friend. Despite this, I am still repeating to myself "you do not need another grill/smoker".

I'm about to go out for the evening. With any luck, by the time I look again tomorrow, they will have all sold.
Chris__M
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby KamadoSimon » 27 Mar 2012, 19:51

The inside diameter of the KJ firebox which the heat deflector metal support sits on is circa 16 inches. It wouldn't sit on much smaller a diameter, but would cope with say a few Cms larger diameter.
KamadoSimon
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby BigM » 27 Mar 2012, 20:19

thanks simion for info it should fit with the cheapo kamado as there nearly the size grill
but only one way to find out thats to get one and c ..
BigM
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby KamadoSimon » 28 Mar 2012, 08:19

No problem mate - the KJ grill is circa 18 inches in diameter, just for reference.
KamadoSimon
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby BigM » 28 Mar 2012, 11:15

well looks like iam goin to be tester :P ones on its way . will post pics and details when arrived
also goin to order Heat deflector for Kamado Joe from gardens4less 35£ .. should be with me by next week
BigM
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby KamadoSimon » 28 Mar 2012, 12:33

New toys ! Good luck - be great to see it & get a real review.
KamadoSimon
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Previous

Return to Barbecue Reviews