Smokey Joe

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Re: Smokey Joe

Postby philnewts » 16 Apr 2012, 07:07

Yes, it is on Hairy Bikers but also was on the gadget show and they did a roast dinner in the woods as you can roast potatoes and veg in the moat section.

I will use a Cobb at Mayhem In May and Grillstock with some demo equipment if anyone wants to get a look, or taste some stuff.

I have a write up on my blog with lots of pics also.

I love the mini green egg, super cute!
philnewts
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby keith157 » 16 Apr 2012, 07:14

I'm at Mayhem on the Sunday and Grillstock from the Friday, so will definitely want a look (and maybe taste :oops: ). I doubt if I could get "permission" from the food taster to buy one (yet ;) ). The "research" will be on behalf of my daughter and her beau, who are currently looking for a property with a garden.
keith157

Postby philnewts » 16 Apr 2012, 07:20

Would be very happy to show you. With the Cobb, space is not essential as the base stays cool to the touch so can sit on plastic tables without burning them and also grass in parks etc, but yes outside space is always important in a house move.

You are bringing out the former estate agent in me... :o
philnewts
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Curlie028 » 17 Apr 2012, 09:34

Thanks for all the replies guys.
Been quiet recently but still Q'ing over the winter (including a very successful Christmas dinner turkey) and lurking on here from time to time.
Been busy with an interim role but that has come to an end, so hope to be about here a bit more.
Bought No2 son a OTP for Christmas and he is now hooked and I'm weighing up a trip over to Bristol at the end of June, to see how it should be done.
Cheers again for the replies.
Curlie028
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby JEC » 17 Apr 2012, 09:47

Glad you're well, go on make the trip to Grillstock there's quite a few of us going should be good, I'd even offer you a lift from the aiport on my way past if your flight matches my travel plans
JEC

Previous

Return to Barbecue Reviews