Landman Jubilee Curry Cooker

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Landman Jubilee Curry Cooker

Postby gazz_46 » 16 May 2012, 14:30

Hi

Saw this a while ago on Planet BBQ and wondered........i am sure you could modify this into a smoker, very cheaply and simply?

http://www.planetbarbecue.co.uk/Shopcurrycooker.html
gazz_46
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Re: Landman Jubilee Curry Cooker

Postby JEC » 16 May 2012, 19:58

David at Planet Barbecue is working on doing exactly that, hopefully he will have pictures up on his website soon. Quite a nice little unit and well worth a purchase for something different to cook on outside
JEC

Postby Steve » 16 May 2012, 21:42

I like that!

Hmmm I'm cooking in a chilli cook off the weekend after MiM, sorely tempted to buy that little chap.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JEC » 17 May 2012, 05:42

Steve wrote:I like that!

Hmmm I'm cooking in a chilli cook off the weekend after MiM, sorely tempted to buy that little chap.

I would it's a good little unit
JEC

Postby gazz_46 » 17 May 2012, 09:11

JEC wrote:David at Planet Barbecue is working on doing exactly that, hopefully he will have pictures up on his website soon. Quite a nice little unit and well worth a purchase for something different to cook on outside

Good to know

Still tempted to buy one now and have a go at mods myself, kinda impatient and currently on offer.......dont want to sound too pessimistic but once converted officially i can see a hefty price increase on the cards if sold as a dedicated smoker....maybe he will sell a conversion kit to keep it flexible?

Do you have any idea what David is planning ?
gazz_46
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby Steve » 17 May 2012, 09:18

Yeah I'm hovering over the buy button. I've just cleared space by getting rid of my Traeger for a new addition, so can I sneak something else in?

I have a deal with my wife, one out for one in because I apparently have too many BBQ's :o Abiding by these rules helps me not to get too much earache. :lol:
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Swindon_Ed » 17 May 2012, 09:43

Steve wrote:I have a deal with my wife, one out for one in because I apparently have too many BBQ's

:o :o :o

This is news to me! I thought BBQ's were like Pokemon, you have to collect them all :lol:
Swindon_Ed

Postby Steve » 17 May 2012, 10:01

That's how it should be. But apparently when half a double garage is taken up with BBQ stuff it's too much. She keeps muttering something about getting her car in the garage or something, seems a strange plan to me :lol:
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Swindon_Ed » 17 May 2012, 10:32

Steve wrote:That's how it should be. But apparently when half a double garage is taken up with BBQ stuff it's too much. She keeps muttering something about getting her car in the garage or something, seems a strange plan to me

You could always do what i've had to do and rent a garage from the council, one of the benefits of this is you can hide new stuff and then say you've always had it ;)
Swindon_Ed

Postby keith157 » 17 May 2012, 10:50

Steve is she saying you cook too much loverly grub as well? One goes with t'other you know :D
keith157

Next

Return to Barbecue Reviews