Blooma at b and qy

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Blooma at b and qy

Postby Tiny » 01 Apr 2013, 08:32

Chaps,
Well my Outback hunter is 7 seasons old and pretty banged up so was perusing the net as you do....B and q seem to be going with 2 brands this season, the predictable Weber and some coves called blooma.

They have a wide range from an entry level at £89 up to a £349 4 burner.

I shall go and "cop a feel" today but wondered if any other members had any experience with this brand?

Cheers
Tiny
PS the ivory kettle I bagged for £49 at the end of last season is on show for £149...
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: Blooma at b and qy

Postby Eddie » 01 Apr 2013, 08:46

Good luck with your choice on your next Q, not done any cooking on these but I'm sure someone has ? Your one of many people that picked up a nice kettel at the end of last year, £49 what a bargin!!
Eddie
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: Blooma at b and qy

Postby Nick » 12 Apr 2013, 10:03

Tiny,

I have a Blooma "Westpoint" gas BBQ, bought from B&Q a couple of years ago. Costs have been cut in the obvious places, i.e thickness of sheet metal compared to Weber, but I would buy another. They're reasonably well made and at least it was supplied with decent cast iron griddle/grates, and it gets nice and hot.

The only negative I have is it doesn't weather well. It has wood trim which rots if untreated - I would recommed sanding and painting it if it comes with wooden bits. The cast iron will also start turning orange if you leave it out in the wet. I keep mine cleaned and oiled in a nice warm kitchen!

The charcoal range Blooma do look very nice indeed - clearly a carbon copy of a Weber kettle but not a bad forgery! :D
Nick
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Barbecue Reviews