Texas BBQ

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Texas BBQ

Postby joker smoker » 29 Apr 2013, 18:57

Reviews, photos and video review of some of the best BBQ in Texas

http://www.dallasnews.com/travel/texas/ ... -texas.ece
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: Texas BBQ

Postby Toby » 30 Apr 2013, 05:57

Certainly changed since i was last there, although that was almost 20 years ago :o :o :o :o how time flies!!!!!
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aris » 30 Apr 2013, 06:26

What creature did these ribs come from? Wow!
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Pecker » 30 Apr 2013, 09:05

Okay, this is probably just me, but...

Looking at photo 1 - that's just a bit too much meat.

I consider myself a carnivore, but I always have a salad with my steak. And some nice granary bread.

This place looks like it's the bee's knees, and clearly have worked very hard to get to the top of their game - best BBQ in Texas is a pretty high honour. You'd think they'd want to do something more than just throw a pile of sliced white bread on there.

The ribs look delicious. And huge!

Everything else, I bet it's absolutely first rate, but I'd like it with something other than just more meat and some sliced white bread.

I have to be fair - the queue suggests there are a lot of people who disagree with me, so what do I know. :D

Steve W
Pecker
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby aris » 30 Apr 2013, 09:44

There is no such thing as too much meat :lol: . Also - keep in mind that not only are Texans statistically the largest Americans - but it also quite normal and socially acceptable to take home a doggie bag/leftovers from a restaurant.
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Pecker » 30 Apr 2013, 10:15

aris wrote:There is no such thing as too much meat :lol: .

I hear ya! :lol:

aris wrote:Also - keep in mind that not only are Texans statistically the largest Americans - but it also quite normal and socially acceptable to take home a doggie bag/leftovers from a restaurant.

It wasn't so much the amount (there are several people round that portion, so you need to divide it up) so much as the fact that a whole load of several different meats appear to have been slapped unceremoniously on a couple of pieces of paper with half a loaf of Warburton’s (or whatever they sell in American Sainsbury's...or wherever they buy their bread from instead of Sainsbury's in America :mrgreen: ) and nowt else.

I mean we're not always considered to be the most cultured people here in Yorkshire, but at least we have the decency to serve chips and mushy peas with our battered fish! :D

Steve W
Pecker
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby aris » 30 Apr 2013, 10:22

Pecker wrote:[

It wasn't so much the amount (there are several people round that portion, so you need to divide it up) so much as the fact that a whole load of several different meats appear to have been slapped unceremoniously on a couple of pieces of paper with half a loaf of Warburton’s (or whatever they sell in American Sainsbury's...or wherever they buy their bread from instead of Sainsbury's in America :mrgreen: ) and nowt else.

I mean we're not always considered to be the most cultured people here in Yorkshire, but at least we have the decency to serve chips and mushy peas with our battered fish! :D

Steve W

That's the way they do it there. It is done like that everywhere. If not on a tray with a piece of greaseproof paper, it is on a styrofoam plate. There are no pretences - it's the food that does the talking.
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Pecker » 30 Apr 2013, 10:34

aris wrote:
Pecker wrote:[

Steve W

That's the way they do it there. It is done like that everywhere. If not on a tray with a piece of greaseproof paper, it is on a styrofoam plate. There are no pretences - it's the food that does the talking.

Yeas, that's what it appears to be from the shots I've seen elsewhere, too.

A bit like our fish & chips in newspaper, I suppose.

Steve W
Pecker
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby aris » 30 Apr 2013, 10:41

There is a burger place in London called Meat Liquor - they do their food like that too (they do put the chips in a bowl though).

http://www.deletelondon.com/culture/the ... er-in-town
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Pecker » 30 Apr 2013, 10:55

aris wrote:There is a burger place in London called Meat Liquor - they do their food like that too (they do put the chips in a bowl though).

http://www.deletelondon.com/culture/the ... er-in-town

Cheers for that link.

You see, at least there are fries.

:mrgreen:

Steve W
Pecker
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Next

Return to Barbecue Reviews