gas bottle bullit type smoker

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Re: gas bottle bullit type smoker

Postby Steve » 19 Feb 2012, 10:14

Having had a quick look, it appears to be a reasonable design. You might have to do a lot of searching to find cylinders that size but if you have the patience and the determination you'll get there.

There is a an online calculator for firebox size, chimney size etc somewhere (found easily on Google) that will help you in tweaking plans to fit whatever parts you can find.

Alternatively if you don't need portability, search for double barrel smoker, this design works well and is made from two oil drums which are easy to find.

Also I've got plans for a Backwoods clone I can give you. This design is great and cooks really well although it is fairly expensive to build.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: gas bottle bullit type smoker

Postby serbio666 » 23 Feb 2012, 23:14

Thanks loads for the replies.

Hi Steve -it is proving hard to find but I'm sure we'll get there. Thanks for tip on the online calculator.

I am looking for portability. Does the Backwoods clone allow for that? From looking at their kit they look Like they can all be trailer mounted? do you know which model it is based on?

Thanks again
Best,
F
serbio666
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Previous

Return to Barbecue Reviews