GMG - Daniel Boone

A forum for reviews of BBQ's & Smokers. Only mods and admins can create new topics here, but everyone else can reply. Opinions expressed here are those of the individual and are not representative of the BBBQS.

Re: GMG - Daniel Boone

Postby myfault » 22 Aug 2016, 12:40

Well, after lots of review reading I have finally ordered a Daniel Boone. Looking forward to trying it out. My Proq frontier has had a hard workout these last 3 years but I kind of like the idea of not having to watch the temp. Am waiting for the wife to complain about yet another BBQ, but not parting with the frontier.
myfault
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby JBBQ » 23 Aug 2016, 14:09

optimal number of bbqs? N+1
JBBQ
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby myfault » 10 Nov 2016, 13:30

Well, Been using the Daniel Boone very regularly now, and cannot see myself using anything else again. it is just too easy.
The only problem I had is that the smoke flavour was a lot lighter. I looked at the amazen smoker tubes, but these seem expensive, although I have heard good reviews about them.
I eventually did a search on ebay for "perforated stainless steel tube" . Bought a half meter 2.5 inch diameter tube which I cut down and with a couple of stainless steel washers either end, it does the job brilliantly for £10.

Next on the list is to try the Lil Devil pellets now.
myfault
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Previous

Return to BBQ / Smoker Review