GMG - Daniel Boone

A forum for reviews of BBQ's & Smokers. Only mods and admins can create new topics here, but everyone else can reply. Opinions expressed here are those of the individual and are not representative of the BBBQS.

Re: GMG - Daniel Boone

Postby noxskuses » 02 Aug 2013, 09:41

Don't tell her Dave. Just get it. Then give her a plate of BBQ from it, and I guarantee you won't hear any more complaints.

Also means no cooking for her on the weekends ;)
noxskuses
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Saucy Pig » 02 Aug 2013, 14:19

I used a bodged together second shelf made from the grill off a Traeger. There should be some pics of it on these forums somewhere if I remember right.
With that in place there's no room for a rib rack on top. But I can still easily get 5 slabs of ribs laid out flat on it.

Apart from taping over the low pellet sensor I've not have any problems with it even use it regularly for catering.

Nick
Saucy Pig
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby ParatusBBQ » 16 May 2015, 02:27

I am seriosly thinking of getting a DB. Only the price is putting me off. I have looked at the DC too, it looks fab. Out of interest, what is the space like on the DC? Can you do a butt and some ribs?

I have a 57cm Weber too, which I could use to do extra food on too. I love smoking on that but, I feel I want to embrace technology and lighten my wallet!

All advice greatfully recieved!
ParatusBBQ
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby noxskuses » 16 May 2015, 06:46

I have a gmg db & haven't used a dc but I can see it is exactly half the grill space of the db, so a butt & some ribs should be no problem. My db is the best purchase I ever made. Worth every penny :)
noxskuses
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Tiny » 16 May 2015, 08:20

Morning chum,
owned my GMG DB for a month now , simply the best purchase I have ever made. It is so simple to use and the food comes off so great that I am firing it up 4-5 times a week.

Only downsides, Wifi connectivity on mine isn't great, really need line of sight and a small rust mark has appeared on the front which I am peeved about.

But as an BBQ it is top fantastic, in terms of grill space I reckon you could do 4 chickens or pork buts at a go.

Do it, do it, do it do it!
Cheers Tiny
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby ParatusBBQ » 16 May 2015, 08:54

Wifi on the DB? Now I like my gadgets, so I may well look into it farther!

I have watched a few youtube videos and I really like the look of it. All I need is that cheque to clear from the taxman and I reckon I will get it bought. Is there a preferred supplier who'll do a deal for pound notes?
ParatusBBQ
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby tommo666 » 16 May 2015, 15:32

Tiny wrote:Only downsides, Wifi connectivity on mine isn't great, really need line of sight and a small rust mark has appeared on the front which I am peeved about.

Tiny,
One of these may help a bit: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/9dBi-High-Gai ... 46328fdcd6
tommo666
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby JBBQ » 18 May 2015, 08:13

ParatusBBQ wrote:Wifi on the DB? Now I like my gadgets, so I may well look into it farther!

I have watched a few youtube videos and I really like the look of it. All I need is that cheque to clear from the taxman and I reckon I will get it bought. Is there a preferred supplier who'll do a deal for pound notes?

Americanbbq.co.uk give them a call
JBBQ
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Kiska95 » 18 May 2015, 09:24

Hi

I'm Very Impressed with the GMG DB and thanks for such an informative overview. I understand about the second shelf it is a bit limiting with just one.
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby noxskuses » 18 May 2015, 09:58

The official GMG Upper Rack for the DB costs £39 http://greenmountaingrills.co.uk/accessories
noxskuses
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

PreviousNext

Return to BBQ / Smoker Review