Swiss Grill Zurich Series Z-360 Gas BBQ

A forum for reviews of BBQ's & Smokers. Only mods and admins can create new topics here, but everyone else can reply. Opinions expressed here are those of the individual and are not representative of the BBBQS.

Swiss Grill Zurich Series Z-360 Gas BBQ

Postby seanstokes » 17 Jul 2014, 21:30

Hello, I have had Smoker for over 8 years now and over the years it has been used as both a smoker (fire pit) as well as more traditional BBQ. Although I will keep using it I wanted to get a Gas BBQ and came across the following at Costco; Swiss Grill Zurich Series Z-360 Gas BBQ + Rotisserie + Cast Iron Griddle + Cover - £399.99 inc VAT (I am a Costco member). Anyone have any experience / views of Swiss Grill? At this price would anyone strongly recommend another Gas BBQ? As never having owned a Gas BBQ I am finding the huge range a mine-field - seen lots of posts saying to contact the beds bbq.co.uk so will also be taking up this advice. Thanks in advance for any input to my post - much appreciated. Sean
seanstokes
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Swiss Grill Zurich Series Z-360 Gas BBQ

Postby JEC » 18 Jul 2014, 04:58

My brother inherited a Swiss Grill when his father in law passed away. It's quite a good unit, similar in build quality to a Weber and certainly better than some of the offerings at the DIY Sheds!!
JEC

Postby aris » 18 Jul 2014, 13:53

I've seen them at Costco (been a member for over 10 years). I would not rate them as good as a Weber. These grills are basically re-badged Chinese grills. They are fine - until you need parts. I would inquire to see if spare parts are available - namely the burners, and how much they are. If they are available, buy several sets, as you are unlikely to find them in the future.

I bought a grill at Costco several years ago - not a Swiss Grill, but one of their own brand 'Kirkland' stainless steel grills. Still got it, keep it outside uncovered, and it has not rusted to bits. Being a 'Kirkland' grill through, it means that they are sold worldwide in Costco shops - and there are spares available (though I need to import them). Swiss Grill are a local British company who basically import from China and stick their brand label on them. Try and e-mail them and get price and availability of burners and the diffusers which go above the burners. Those are the bits which corrode (yes, even stainless steel burners).

Without spares, your 400 pounds investment is basically just scrap metal when it goes wrong.
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby seanstokes » 18 Jul 2014, 14:50

Thank you for the replies - much appreciated.

Interestingly when speaking to friends (and friends of friends) they have not rated the Swiss Grill.

I'm now also thinking of using my 'New Braunfels Smoker' for the rest of the summer and see what is in the sales/clearance later in the year.

Thanks all
seanstokes
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby JEC » 18 Jul 2014, 18:46

aris wrote:I've seen them at Costco (been a member for over 10 years). I would not rate them as good as a Weber. These grills are basically re-badged Chinese grills. They are fine - until you need parts. I would inquire to see if spare parts are available - namely the burners, and how much they are. If they are available, buy several sets, as you are unlikely to find them in the future.

I bought a grill at Costco several years ago - not a Swiss Grill, but one of their own brand 'Kirkland' stainless steel grills. Still got it, keep it outside uncovered, and it has not rusted to bits. Being a 'Kirkland' grill through, it means that they are sold worldwide in Costco shops - and there are spares available (though I need to import them). Swiss Grill are a local British company who basically import from China and stick their brand label on them. Try and e-mail them and get price and availability of burners and the diffusers which go above the burners. Those are the bits which corrode (yes, even stainless steel burners).

Without spares, your 400 pounds investment is basically just scrap metal when it goes wrong.

Fair point, my brother hasn't needed spares but well worth consideration!!
JEC

Return to BBQ / Smoker Review