Newbie UK Smoker, Mod Advice Needed

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Newbie UK Smoker, Mod Advice Needed

Postby Cumminz » 07 Aug 2018, 20:03

Hi
This is my first foray into any forum!

I have been cooking successful BBQ/grilling for years now and decided to get an offset smoker, i am aware of how challenging they can be but wanted a challenge. I have a Landmann Tennessee 200 which is an expensive BBQ but a cheap smoker (£270) On putting it together i have sealed all joins with a high temp sealer however.. on installing the lid which was the easiest part of the build (and the last) ie 2 screws either side, the lid has a massive over hang with gaps that you could drive a bus through! I am a bit concerned that this will massively affect the temp, not too bothered about the smoke as the convection should draw it over the meat and up the chimney. I have contacted Landmann and they are on the case, if i am unsuccessful with a resolution with them, any advice on how to close the gap? I have taken delivery of some LavaLock gasket tape to try and solve the problem.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Glen
Cumminz
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Newbie UK Smoker, Mod Advice Needed

Postby tommo666 » 07 Sep 2018, 20:21

stove rope and rtv silicon should do it..
tommo666
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Return to Introduce Yourself