Hello from Sheffield!

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hello from Sheffield!

Postby 'Ome » 29 Jun 2015, 12:08

Hi

I'm Jerome or 'Ome for short.

I discovered BBBQS through my friendly butcher who supplies me with some fab meat to cook on the barbecue.

I absolutely love cooking outdoors and it's one of the joys of summer for me. Saying that the BBQ had it's first outing at the end of February this year!

I have been a chef for 25+ years and I now have my own business ('Ome Made) making spice mixes, rubs, chilli sauces, marinades, jams and chutneys. I could put the website on here but that would just be spammy... I'll wait for a moderator to ask (if you would like to feature it somewhere that would be great!)

I love seeing the posts and crazy things that people cook on the forum... It's a great source of inspiration.

I have to say I love all the technical details everybody goes into regarding times and temperatures but for me one of the joys of barbecues for me is winging it and using the 'Force'! Luckily things turn out well the majority of the time!
'Ome
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Return to Introduce Yourself