Good evening

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Good evening

Postby mr meddle » 24 Oct 2015, 23:06

Hi all, been reading quietly for a month or two, time to say hello and soon to ask some silly questions I'm sure. I've got myself a weber 57cm premium that I'm trying me best to cook joints on (burgers and sausages don't cut it), tried pork belly and shoulder, chicken and brisket with mixed results.

First belly was over cooked but still tasted nice if not a bit dry, second I think was a bit too thin (didn't have the "smokey taste"), shoulder wasn't too bad but I expected it to take longer to cook (my inability to control the temperature was the big problem there I think), the first chicken I did I put two whole chickens in using charcoal instead of the usual briquettes (it tasted awesome but I used a whole bag) and the brisket was on one hand a failure, the other, quite awesome....the failure came when left to rest and carved some off it was dry and over done. The leftovers however were taken by the boss, sliced up and warmed up by boiling it in gravy to accompany Sunday dinner, a stroke of genius!! The meat was more tender and it transfered the smokey taste to the gravy, best roast I'd had for quite some time.

I seem to be doing barbecuing the Kieth Floyd type way (the more you cook, the more you drink!!) so exactly how some things are done ain't quite regulated in the way maybe they should. Having said that the food has always tasted better off the bbq than out the oven so it ain't all bad and it'll only get better.....hopefully!!
mr meddle
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Return to Introduce Yourself