Happy hello from Glesga

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Happy hello from Glesga

Postby Scotchegg » 23 Apr 2016, 15:19

Hi guys,

I stumbled across this forum researching Woodfird ovens and as it happens I'm a big BBQ fan so much so that I have been to the Big Apple barbecue block party I'm booked up for grill stock this year and I will be going to Eggtoberfest next. my names Andy I'm 35 and from Glasgow (all weather bbq fan)
I've been cooking on my large big Green egg for nearly 5 years now it's a lifestyle for me rather than a hobby as I said I'm in the process of researching wood fired ovens to add this to my decking.
Just thought I'd through this tip out there to all who may read my intro. When I first started bbq I found it expensive to get good quality charcoal but Makro sell 12 kilo bags of restraunt grade charcoal for 12 quid and if you spend 60 quid they deliver free. I buy five for 60 quid and this does me a good few months.

Pleased to meet u all!!!! I hope I can contribute to your forum and meet some like minded folks (maybe catch use at grill fest)

Sayonara :D 8-)
Scotchegg
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Happy hello from Glesga

Postby ScottishSmoker » 25 Apr 2016, 18:16

Welcome Andy from weegieland!
ScottishSmoker
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Happy hello from Glesga

Postby thevulture » 04 Jun 2016, 14:31

Hi Andy,

I'm just outside Dunfermline.
I joined the forum as I'm after a Kamado grill, was planning on getting a pit masterf rom costco but the Edinburgh branch have sold out. I've been smoking on my webber kettle and want to take it up a notch.

I have a Pizzone http://www.wood-fired-pizza-oven.us/woo ... e-4-pizze/ which I would recommend or even it's smaller brother.

I also have a unni2 which i would not recommend.

Cheers,
Neil
thevulture
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Return to Introduce Yourself