Hello from St Neots

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hello from St Neots

Postby MisplacedAmerican » 23 Apr 2016, 20:49

Hello,

I have been a griller and a BBQ’er for nigh on 25 years now but only added smoker to my CV in the last year or so. Not sure if my neighbours are as impressed as I am at the magnificence that comes off my grill (at least not the journey), but I am thrilled.

As my username suggests, I was born and raised in America – Wyoming to be precise (I’ve been in the UK for close to 20 years) and my cousin is a competition smoker with quite a few awards under his belt. While I don’t proclaim to hold a candle to his patience and devotion, I do love my hobby and am awfully pleased with the results (if not always so humble).

I am the proud owner of a beginners COS (cheap offside smoker) and have started to create my own mods to improve it (which brought me to this site) has anyone found an off the shelf solution for a Charcoal Fire Box?

Thanks for setting having such a great site and community centre, I hope to both learn and help others on this quest.

Buddy
MisplacedAmerican
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Hello from St Neots

Postby BraaiMeesterWannabe » 02 Jun 2016, 08:18

Welcome. I know nothing about offsets I'm afraid, but thought I'd say hello
BraaiMeesterWannabe
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: Hello from St Neots

Postby essexsmoker » 02 Jun 2016, 09:07

Hi Buddy, smokers are fairly rare in the UK and stick burners are like rocking horse poop...

I'd be very suprised if there was an off the shelf mod.

Best you find a welder near by or learn yourself!

Have you tried SMF? They might know of a mod you could try and find or ship over...
essexsmoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Return to Introduce Yourself